Curious what I listened to this year? I know you are.
PREFACE THE FIRST: This is all relative and I will have probably changed my mind as to the standing of some of these records in a week.
PREFACE THE SECOND: If there was a 31st entry it would have been Somebody Loves You by Austin Lucas.
PREFACE THE LAST: I completely forgot about Wavering Radiant by Isis and am too lazy to go back and rework things. That record killed though.
1. The Bomb – Speed is Everything (No Idea)
2. Reign Supreme – Testing the Limits of Infinite (Deathwish)
3. Paint It Black – Amnesia/Surrender (Bridge 9/Fat Wreck)
4. TIE: Dig It Up! – Magnets (Independent)/Sakes Alive!! – Act II (Cavity)
5. O Pioneers! – Neon Creeps (Kiss of Death/Asian Man)
6. POS – Never Better (Doomtree)
7. Gallows – Grey Britain (Warner)
8. The Riverboat Gamblers – Underneath the Owl (Volcom)
9. Fake Problems – It’s Great to Be Alive (Side One Dummy)
10. Converge – Axe to Fall (Epitaph/Deathwish)
11. Frank Turner – Poetry of the Deed (Epitaph)
12. Lucero – 1372 Overton Park (Universal/Republic)
13. Dear Landlord – Dream Homes (No Idea)
14. Mariachi El Bronx – Mariachi El Bronx (Swami)
15. Strike Anywhere – Iron Front (Bridge 9)
16. Baroness – Blue Record (Relapse)
17. Coalesce – OX (Relapse)
18. North Lincoln – Midwestern Blood (No Idea)
19. The Swellers – Ups and Downsizing (Fueled by Ramen)
20. Cloak/Dagger – Lost Art (Jade Tree)
21. American Steel – Dear Friends and Gentle Hearts (Fat Wreck Chords)
22. Matt and Kim – Grand (FADER)
23. Chuck Ragan – Gold Country (Side One Dummy)
24. Dethklok – The Dethalbum II (Williams Street)
25. Cursive – Mama, I’m Swollen (Saddlecreek)
26. Thursday – Common Existence (Epitaph)
27. K’naan – Troubadour (A&M/Octone Records)
28. Polar Bear Club – Chasing Hamburg (Bridge 9)
29. Spinnerette – Spinnerette (Anthem)
30. Brand New – Daisy (Interscope)
I might follow this with my thoughts on what didn’t suck about other mediums this year…we’ll see.